Pizza is a religion. Unarguably, it is the most popular food in the whole world. I am yet to meet a person who hasn’t eaten a slice of pizza in his/her life.
How can it ever go wrong !!?? Yeasty flat bread baked to perfection; loaded with melted mozzarella cheese , tomato sauce and what not !!! Yum….
Today’s post however, is not about pizzas. Well, not literally…..
Today we learn to make “Pizza Sauce” aka ” Chip / Salad Dip”. After adapting this recipe, you will never go for that rancid preservative laden pizza sauce from super market. Make big batches and store in your freezer for later.
It also goes well with salad sticks and chips. Try it to believe it !!
We make pizzas at home for family dinner once in a while and when that happens , chefs change. I become the sous chef while my hubby dearest adorns the chef’s hat. PM , this post is dedicated to you, my love 😍 . Thank you for cooking up delicious pizzas for us …. You rock !! The recipe goes …
1 kg Ripe Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 smallest onion finely chopped
2 TSP Kashmiri Chilli Powder
1 TSP Freshly ground Black Pepper powder
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil finely chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano finely chopped
3 Tbsp Tomato Sauce / Paste / Ketchup ( whatever you find in Ur pantry)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Butter
1. Slit an “X” on the tomatoes just deep enough to cut the skin but not the tomatoes.
2. Heat lot of water in a large vessel and add tomatoes to the pot.
3. Boil for 3 mins. Tomatoes will cook a bit and skin will start tearing off the tomatoes.
4. Remove all the tomatoes from hot water and let it cool down a bit.
5. Peel off the skin and pulverise the tomatoes coarsely.
6. Heat oil in a sauce pan and add minced garlic. Saute for about half a minute. This is to remove raw smell in garlic and it will also release it’s flavours in the oil.Add onions and a pinch of salt. Soften the onions but don’t brown them.
8. Add tomato puree and mix well. Let the mix cook for couple of mins.
9. Add all the herbs,spices and Tomato paste. Cook until thick and add butter just before taking it off the gas.
10. Use as pizza sauce or chill it and eat with your nachos !!