Greetings my fellow foodies !!
Today we bake !!!!
I despise those who consider food a fad and state that cupcakes are so yesterday. How did the world come to this !!!! Food out of fashion !!!! Really !!!!!
Anyhow…. I was contemplating back then, what could be that one thing I can make for my lil one as a treat and also not feel guilty about giving something with zero nutritive value… That’s when I came up with this recipe….. The most fussy child … My lil one ….when it comes to eating. Most of the things you put on the plate will be stared down with contempt and doubt and then after the food comes my turn 😂… I know… Shocking … I m a home baker and a good cook ( so much for modesty 😆😆😆) and if I go through this in my household , I wonder what other parents are going through !!! Poor us …..
This recipe is dedicated to all those wonderful parents who want to give treats to their lil one but worry about the sugar , maida , too much fat ,etc etc… Bake these babies and your kid will be eating them out of your han… 😎😎😎
This can be your project with you kid on weekend … Spend some quality time with the lil one….Or two….
I could have frosted these but that beats the purpose of low sugar treat !!
It’s made with whole wheat flour with minimal sugar and fat… Try it … I promise a million hugs !!
Bake a small batch first so you will know how the recipe behaves in your oven. You can add ginger powder to the recipe for added flavour if your kid likes it.
Be a lil sneeky and hide fruits in the centre just before baking. You can work with berries , banana , apple , pineapple , etc.. nuts can also be added to it batter. It’s your canvas , go wild !!
Do not over bake or the cake tops will become crispy .
Yeilds 6 big cupcakes
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 TSP Baking Powder
1/4 TSP Baking Soda
1 TSP Vanilla
1/4 n 1/8 cup or 6 tbsp Sugar ( It’s not much considering what we eat outside )
1/4 cup milk room temperature
1/4 TSP vinegar
1/4 cup of vegetable oil , I used little lesser than one fourth cup ..
1/4 TSP Salt
1. Preheat the oven at 180° c
2. Line the cupcake pan with the liner.
3. Sift the flour , baking powder , baking soda and salt .Keep aside.
4. Mix milk and vinegar and keep aside. If the mix curdles, that’s ok. It will happen.
5. In another bowl , beat /whisk/ mix the egg until bubbles form with a hand beater or electric beater. Add sugar and vanilla , beat again for two mins. Mix should look creamy.
6. Add flour and milk mix to the egg mix in two portions. Beat at a low speed.
7. Fill the liners only half full if you don’t want a dome or a muffin look.
8.Put them to bake for 15 mins. Insert a toothpick to check if the centre is baked. If it comes out clean , fluffs are ready…..
9. Cool them and frost if you wish.